Thoughts on Peter Pan



I loved the cartoon, so I decided to read the book, too. I bought that thing with a special cover, only to find out that Peter Pan was almost like a little demon. He didn't even care when Tinker Bell finally kicked the bucket. Yeah, he did the clapping thing, but fairies don't live long. So later, he was like, whatever. Who's that?



The author said he's drawn to women who haven't been married or have had children. So here I am, single as crap, and thinking about some kid lurking in my room in the middle of the night. Ew. I mean, what if just his shadow showed up? I'm allergic to things like that.



The look of Peter Pan is also in childless women's eyes. I don't have kids. The next morning I'm staring in the mirror like a freak, wondering what in the world does that mean. Is Peter Pan looking out of my eyes? I started watching women who didn't have kids, searching for that look. Dude, I don't know. Where's that creepy little kid? Or is it because I'm so close to it that I don't see it? Or did Mr. Barrie write "Peter Pan" just to creep me out? Yes, that's it exactly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews