Book Two, Title Reveal!

Even before Pariahs was ready for publication, I'd started working on book two. When I finally came up with a title, I was thrilled, because usually my titles are the last to arrive. Well, last week a different name showed up and said, "Hi, I'm the official title!" It didn't even apologize.

In thinking about book two's name, I realized it revealed too much.

For the Ilings series, I want each book to have a mystifying title encompassing the novel's heart. When the complete series showcases, Gorgeous, Elegant, and Majestic can't be grouped with Bumpkin Town. The titles need to mesh together.

I slept on this title for several days. Something wasn't right, but last night around midnight, I got it. Make the title plural. Bam, the chills struck me in the gut. This is what the title should be.

Without further ado, let me introduce the sequel to Pariahs.

Embers.


Comments

  1. I'm in in the middle of Pariahs, and I'm looking forward to Embers! Great title.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews