Ha-ha! Triumph!


A story I wrote four years ago was finally accepted. I have a little notebook where I write down what story I sent to where. "Keepress" had like seven pages front and back of rejection letters. Editors said there was nothing wrong with it, but no. Very annoying. I dealt with it by saying all the editors were complete idiots. And since none of them are subscribed to me, twice the idiot. Mwahahaha! And if they are subscribed, I guess they're not a total loss.

"Keepress" is a high fantasy in another world.

The people have been plagued by a terrifying monster called the Bengadriss, killing off their guardians one by one. Nahleen has been handed the mantle of guardian at too young an age. When the Bengadriss steals her baby brother, Nahleen must face off with the Bengadriss in a violent battle to save him, or lose her life trying.

Stay tuned for a thrilling tale of adventure, terror, and ultimate sacrifice.

Coming to a computer near you in The Scarlet Leaf Review, September 2020.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on getting your story accepted, woohoo! I keep an old-fashioned paper notebook for tracking my story submissions, too. It's not fussy, and it seems more real to me than an online tracker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Paper ones are right there when you need them. They're the best!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews