Fun Facts About "Toni's Land"

Fun facts about "Toni's Land."

The story takes place in Whiteriver, Arizona, on the Fort Apache Reservation.

At the time that I wrote this story, a meteor actually did fall in Whiteriver.

"Toni's Land" is in a trilogy involving "The Cowboy Cabin" and "The Hairy Man."

Marlo's make-up is based off of a random girl's make-up I saw at a gas station.

I thought the story was hilarious, so imagine my surprise when it was picked up by a horror magazine.

The editor of the magazine later unfriended me under mysterious circumstances on both Twitter and Facebook.

"Toni's Land" was the only story I wrote that year, and the only story that got published.

The name Zena Antoinette Alfonsina Jun was inspired from a bunch of Apaches who named their kids some seriously random names.

Zena calls Marlo Mrs. Baylish, using the last name of Marlo's crush. The concept came from my high school years in Alchesay, when girls would call themselves by the names of their crushes. I was Mrs. Altaha.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews