Bananas Gone Squish!


I'd heard about fried bananas. They sounded pretty good. My mom thought so, too. We'd never had them. The recipe seemed easy. What could possibly go wrong?

We bought regular yellow bananas at the store, chopped them up real nice like the recipe said and dropped them in the pan. We waited for them to fry. And then we tried to turn them over.


Have you ever walked down the road after it rains, and all the inconsiderate people have just stepped on the worms that suddenly couldn't tell the difference between dirt and concrete? Well that's what bubbled in the pan: a mass of squished worms and sticky banana guts. I felt like Willie Wonka trying to eat the mashed caterpillars in the wooden bowl the oomp loompa gave him. We almost had to throw the pan away. Who knew underripe bananas could melt so thoroughly?

I don't know what went wrong. We must have done some kind of transmutation. Those bananas turned into worms. What did I get out of this experience? A disgusting new recipe for my people back on planet Ilo.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews