The Two Faces of N'Nar

N'Nar is Vijeren's oldest brother, but he almost wasn't. He started out as a villain who turned good, but there wasn't a plausible reason for it, and I had no idea where he came from. There was something wrong and when he finally became Vijeren's brother, he fell into place.

N'Nar's physical appearance also changed drastically, because N'Nar's race is Sirilith. The Sirilith race used to have no legs at all. They were built like merpeople, but instead of a mermaid tail, it was a snake tail. They were bald, earless and had some serious snake eyes. The word Sirilith wasn't even Sirilith. I called them plain old Snakemen.

Snakemen existed for a really long time, and then one day I said, "I don't like this. It screws with my muse." Besides, when I saw N'Nar in my head, I saw him as he is today. So why the crap was I describing him like a snake that sprouted arms? So I revamped the entire race and gave them a new name, legs, hair, arms, ears and I redid their eyes.

N'Nar is also a Terlithin. He didn't have that gift in the beginning, and yet he sure acted like he did. He did stuff that made no sense. Once he received this gift, everything made sense. This gift didn't exist until I revamped him, so it's truly because of him that Terlithins exist.

So why does N'Nar have two pictures? You better read the book and find out. All I got to say is that it flowed into place and I had the greatest fun with it.


Drawing by Nicomelia Benally

Pick up "Pariahs" here on Amazon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews