Little Lights, Vijeren and Miranel

The main character Vijeren came about in a convoluted way. Some say it's a heartfelt way. I guess so. He's based off of one kid I used to substitute for a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. He wasn't popular, got picked on, and he had a hard time learning, but he was the best kid. I saw him as a little light, hence Vijeren's powers.

Vijeren went through a million changes until he became what he is today: an adventurous little nut full of mischief. Writing a lively character was extremely fun. I usually like side characters best, so when I made Vijeren, I made him like a side character, and then I made him the main character.

He bounced off of Miranel perfectly. Miranel is the little girl he has to watch over and help gain a soul. She's cheesy, she's embarrassing, and she has freakish articulation. It took me thirteen years to write "Pariahs" and Miranel is the only character in the cast that was the same from beginning to end.


Drawing by Nicomelia Benally

Pick up your copy of "Pariahs" today here on Amazon.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews