From gentleman to wild man, Sibare

In the first of all first drafts of "Pariahs," Vijeren didn't have any brothers. Sibare existed as his perfect, gentle, patient cousin. Vijeren hated his guts. Sibare was also a lot duller-looking. So dull in fact, that I saw him as a blurry image.

After writing him for almost 1000 pages, by hand in about 5 notebooks, and then typing it all out on a computer, and going through SEVERAL drafts, I decided that I hated him too. So I did a full character redesign until he was reckless and bold, tough as nails, braver than a retsinist and possessed a wicked sense of humor. His features did a full 180 and for the first time, I was able to see his face.

Thank goodness the agents kept rejecting the manuscript, or you would have had a piece of Cubon to suffer through forEVER.


Drawing by Nicomelia Benally

Order "Pariahs" here on Amazon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews