Behind the Scenes of "Carrina Triumphant": Setting

My own elementary school down in Mesa, Arizona provided the setting. The place has changed a lot since I've been there. I mean, they have uniforms now, so I had to do some research before I took my character there. Carrina's house is loosely based off of the house I used to live in when I was in grade school. Even that place has since been utterly destroyed in the sense that someone chopped down all the trees, killed the grass and covered the wooden walls with stucco. The mailbox is gone and the numbers are just spray painted onto the house. Anyway, the place has gone to pot. So the house Carrina lives in is the one that I knew, with the trees and the mailbox and the grass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews