LETME

With me today on this beautiful first of November are Sean L. Brown and April Emerson, two exceptional people who wish to open your eyes to the beauty of the world.


Anyone that has met the two of us at a signing, an event, or simply walking around exploring knows that we are not quite your typical pair. So when Julia invited us to guest blog here and talk a little bit about #LETME, we jumped at the chance to have a little fun. Now, we have been interviewed in the past, yet this time we looked at each other via video chat and said, “Hey, if we don’t have an interviewer, why not interview each other?” In true Team Sean’s Thoughts: why not, indeed..


APRIL: Sean, let’s go. What is LETME? And, how did it get started?

SEAN: LETME stands for “Live Every Tiny Moment Exceptionally.” After I had been writing online what I called “Sean’s Thoughts” for several years, I wanted to show people that the best things in life could be found in the small things. I thought that this message would resonate and domino and snowball, reaching more and more people. I didn’t think of it as a movement. It was first created as a message, a way to help people who were reading my social media posts to reframe their thinking. It was originally about each individual creating his or her own path, and realizing that if a person is happy they spread happiness. There’s no way to avoid it. LETME became a movement over time, as our social media presence, our books, and our personal growth workshops took off.

What about you, April? You joined up with me in 2016 to work on Just a Thought, the book. Why did LETME resonate with you?

APRIL: Well, the first time I heard of LETME was in the editing process for Just a Thought. The idea that we can choose to live every single moment of our lives appreciating the simple beauty and joy around us, to me, is the best and only choice. So when I kept reading the passages in your book, as I edited, I felt as though the messages were speaking directly to me and the way I prefer to live each and every day. In fact, my children’s book Apononoko and the Lonely Tree was actually inspired by the idea that every moment is a gift and should be cherished. LETME, for me, is less of a movement and more of a mindset. That being said, I still hope to share this way of living in the world with as many people as we possibly can because like you said, when we are happy we spread happiness.

Now that it is taking on a life as a movement, where do you see it going next?


SEAN: We have created the YouTube show LETME the Journey. It is in its infancy yet we continue to grow. Through social media, I hope people share their moments of joy, with us, with each other, with strangers. I hope that people take the best part of LETME and share it. Share what they love: Our cultures. Our races. Our economics. Our laughs. Our loves. So, for us, we have the love of water. We take lots of pictures and videos of the water. Because we love it, we share it. On Twitter. On Instagram. And, now, we have people sharing what we post. We have people posting their own moments and sharing them. We want people to share their joy with strangers. As one person does it, another person does it more. Eventually LETME will connect us all.
So, April. How do you see it moving forward?

APRIL: I can see it growing everyday. There isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t see a post with the #LETME. Some are friends we know. Some are strangers. It’s the latter that really proves to me that this movement is taking hold. When one person you don’t know, and then another, and then another shares one of their exceptional and joyful moments online without prompting from us, then I know this is real. We continue to do things to spread the word. From our website, to your blogs, to our social media, to our workshops, our books, our newest addition: our LETME merchandise. All of it inspired by the message. We are reaching people in many ways. It’s surreal at times.

It all started with one message, one book. Speaking of our books, how does your writing connect to our movement?


SEAN: When I first wrote about it, LETME was about perspective changes. As LETME evolved, The people who heard the messages were happier. I was happier. I was reaching people with my words, my thoughts, and my photos. All of this came from a place of healing and help. LETME is about moments. After the writing, we took on the LETME merchandise so people could share that they are living every tiny moment exceptionally. Now, we have photos, postcards, shirts, and more is coming. We did this to show people all the different ways this movement is expanding and reaching people. For us, we continue to explore and share. The places close by, and some much further away. And, we have dreams to take this movement global. Over the past few years, we have a much bigger list of places we want to go and see.

APRIL: How will you know that you have achieved what you wanted to achieve?

SEAN: That’s easy. I already have. I go by thinking that when you have a goal, success is reaching that first goal. My first goal was to change one person’s day for the better with just one message. For you april. For Julia. And then hoping and encouraging them to share with others. Success is changing one person's outlook. When people find something that brings them joy, we want to share it. That’s how I see this growing. Ultimately, LETME starts with the individual.

...It is our hope that we piqued your curiosity, answered some of your questions, and maybe even inspired you to come join us for a little adventure to, well, Live Every Tiny Moment Exceptionally. And, when you do, let us know. You’re bound to find us on social media or through our website. And, if you tag us with the #LETME, we will find you and strike up a conversation. Until then, be amazing, our friends.

One more thank you to Sean and April for guest blogging today. You can reach them at these sites, and check out their work.

Our website

Sean’s Blogs

Our Merchandise Shop

Just a Thought

Just a Thought Too

Just a Thought Tree

A’pononoko and the Lonely Tree (April’s Book)

Facebook

Instagram

YouTube

Twitter

April’s Instagram

April’s Twitter


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews