Being Mummified

My brother got really sick the other day. His job freaked out and sent COVID-19 testers straight to our house. I'd never been tested for Covid, but I'd been hearing about the test. Somebody went so far as to say that when you get tested, you need to bring some aspirin, because it really hurts.

So here the testers come and I see them swab my brother's nostrils. All I could think about was The Mummy, when Evie talks about the embalming process of mummies. They shove the poker up into your brain, scramble it around, and rip it all out through your nostrils.

I waited for my turn to be embalmed. As long as nothing broke off of the swab and ended up deep in my nose where the sun doesn't shine, I'd be fine. I'd seen Monsters Inside Me. That one lady got something stuck way up in her nose and green stuff started falling out of her nostrils. I was embalmed within short notice and went away feeling not unlike a mummy.

I don't know about that person who needed aspirin. The nurse probably hated him and tried to rip out whatever brains he or she could find.

PS, we all tested negative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews