Beautiful Dresses

I've tried to sew before. I even posted my failures on this blog. There was a hideous blue skirt that turned into a duster, and then I busted my sewing machine. I put my sewing machine away, but after a while, the words came into my mind: "Try again." This time, I went onto YouTube channels in search of tutorials and found some really easy ones.

I learned to steal the patterns from my own clothes. I had one skirt that made me look elegant. Guess what, it was a straight skirt. Sew up two rectangles and you're ready to go.

With my first skirt completed, I took my broke hide to Walmart and dug around in the clearance rack for decent fabric between 2 and 8 bucks. I hunted through my closet and found this gorgeous fabric that had been used for a Halloween costume when I was little. I dismantled it with a thread cutter.

Pretty soon, I had tons of pretty fabric to make the dresses I wanted, and not what the stores or perverts in high places dictated. I could own dresses both beautiful and modest.

I got to work and now I have lots of pretty skirts. It looks like I'm spending all my money on skirts and new clothes, but I'm not. For about ten bucks I can have five skirts and five shirts. As long as I stay picky about what I pull out of the clearance racks, I don't have to look scary.

I'm so thankful that I listened to the promptings of the Spirit to try sewing again, to go to the YouTube channels for instruction, and to get my sewing machine back in order.

Heavenly Father helps me in all ways big and small.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews