I made my own hair gel!

One fine morning at approximately 2AM, I was watching a video on YouTube. The woman said she had found a hair care routine from the Edwardian era, or age of the Gibson Girls. The solution was pretty easy to make. Mix one egg with salt water and drip some essential oil into it.

The solution itself had more measurements and the essential oil was a modern substitute for something the YouTuber didn't have, which meant I definitely didn't have it. So I figured I'd just use the salt water and the egg.

I didn't use proper measurements, either. I think I was supposed to use a pint of salt water, instead I just used a regular cup full.

The YouTuber implied the wash was used for actual shampoo, and it was done once a month. So I substituted the wash for shampoo, too. My hair loves to get greasy on the top of my head and around my temples and forehead. I was a nice grease bomb when I tried this.

I washed my hair in the guck and rubbed it into my scalp and then rinsed it out.

The only two instructions this smart cookie followed was to rinse my hair with cold water and let it air dry. With regular shampoo, my hair air dries at the speed of light. When I used this formula, it took all night to dry. I  had to wait until daylight to see the results.

First off, my hair felt like it had been doused with the hose outside. Each curl was well defined, but left a film on my hands. Instead of black, my hair actually looked brown. My hair wasn't ultra shiny, but it still had a gloss to it. I could shape my hair any which way I wanted and literally not a single strand was out of place, just like in the old pictures. Also, the grease on my head was gone, and yet all my hair was greasy without that gross look to it.

So there you have it, I made my own hair gel, the one you wash out after use and it keeps on working until you take Herbal Essence to it in a fit.


Don't forget to pick up this exciting piece of Native American fantasy, available on Amazon world wide!

https://www.amazon.com/Nri-Kryne-Monsters-Demons-Book-ebook/dp/B08GZR31B9



Comments

  1. That's interesting. My dad said he used to rub egg-n-water wash on show animals to make their fur glossy. (He was a farmer's child last century.) I guess it works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, the animals can keep it, although, even though I washed out the egg already, my hair is still keeping its shape. But it's still brown. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews