Scammers calling on the wrong day, a charging puppy, a deer found the true meaning of BOOYAH, a found footage expedition, and old co-workers

The day was pretty normal. Our tribe is on lockdown until after Christmas, but we do get "essential run" days, and then we have to be back home by a certain time.

That morning, we took off to Walmart. We were going to make a bunch of other stops, too.

My brother got a call from UPS (the little weirdo on the other end claimed) and he told my brother he had a special package they were going to drop off to him at 2 PM. Does he know what the package is? My question: why does UPS know what it is? Did they open it? So the little scammer said my brother had won 925,000 bucks and a GMC in the color of his choice. Do you think they have a GMC in the color of burnt pumpkin?

My brother said this was weird because the scammers usually call on Wednesdays and not Tuesdays. I guess they were trying to switch it up.

We had to go to my aunt's house to drop mail into her mailbox. She just got a new mailbox, but her mail is still going to the post office. We had no idea she had a new puppy until it came out. It was small, black, and fluffy. My mom was putting the mail into the box, but since her arms are short, she got out of the car to do it.

That's when the puppy came. My mom's allergic to animals, so she was trying to get the mail into the box and get back into the car before the puppy reached her. It was coming faster and faster, its little tail wagging. Dogs just love my mom. She barely escaped the charging puppy.

After that, we got into town. The traffic wasn't extremely heavy, but there were enough cars to run over a pedestrian who didn't want to use a traffic light. All of a sudden, this buck sped out of the meadow and into the road like every wolf on the planet was after it. I know deer can't exactly judge, but this deer could clearly see the road was full, and it didn't care.

It nearly got clipped by the truck in front of us, escaped the third lane, and slammed into a big car like it meant to ram it. The buck flew straight up into the air in a cloud of its own fur and pieces of the car. It did a somersault and landed on the road still alive.

It tried to get up, but its back legs were shattered. Its eyes were wide and terrified. It was one of the ugliest things to see. I'm a hunter and I've killed animals, and I've seen them killed. But I just burst into tears. Being smacked like that and still being alive was like watching torture.

The people on the road stopped and surrounded the deer while the person who smashed into it pulled off to the side of the road. The police were going to have to put the deer down. The person in the car was probably having a freak out.

We ended up reaching Walmart and feeling kind of wretched, especially my mom. The shopping trip was all right, but then we had to make our next stop. I decided to stay in the car for this one, since there wasn't much to pick up at this next stop. My brother stayed with me and put on "The Legend of Sasquatch." It's a bull crap documentary based on the Roger Patterson film, which is of course debunked. He played it on his phone, because you can watch the whole thing for free on YouTube! Yay!

I looked across the parking lot and there were these, I guess they were teens, or some seriously weird adults in their early twenties. They stood around two cars, talking. They looked like a "found footage" about to happen. One guy looked funky all in black. He was smaller than the girls, but he was trying to be sexy. One of the girls had some seriously fake red hair with heavy bangs. Then there was the "responsible" looking driver.

As soon as the two parties got into their cars, they drove through the Safeway parking lot, looking around very slowly. And that's when the Sasquatch documentary started. "Here in these mountains there are strange things..."

We will never see those people again. We'll find their camera six months from now.

The last stop was to a store I used to work at. I almost got kidnapped over there and I was sexually harassed. Even when I complained about the harassments, the managers didn't think it was so bad because wouldn't you know, they were all sleeping together. One of the guys harassing me actually went to a rubber room for several weeks and had threatened to throw hot oil on me when I screamed at him to leave me alone and sprayed him with a hose. It's no wonder I don't like going in there.

Everyone who's worked there had gone away as far as I knew, so sometimes I go in the store. It's actually nice if you're a customer. I had worked as a meat clerk, and so when I go in, I avoid that section like the plague. But we had to make a stop there.

One of the meat clerks, without a mask, was getting our order. I was like, "This punk looks familiar." I glanced at his name tag. Yup, it was one of the wretches who'd been bothering me. He'd ended up in the police beat with drugs and the managers only laughed about it. He was still working there and looking as no good as ever.

I was so glad he couldn't recognize me since I was wearing my mask and my hair was much different. Back then, I flattened my hair all the time and wore different glasses.

After this, I was struck with the greatest idea for a plot twist in book 3 of the Monsters and Demons series! It's deliciously gruesome.

Don't forget to pick up your copy of Nri Kryne!

https://www.amazon.com/Nri-Kryne-Monsters-Demons-Book-ebook/dp/B08GZR31B9



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews