Something Beautiful

Beautiful Dream has been released in HellBound-books' anthology, Graveyard Girls. I've been waiting for this since December! First of all, buy it here!


Beautiful Dream isn't like my other stories.

One night, I was sitting up. I knew I wanted to write something, but I couldn't think of anything to write. Finally I decided to just start writing and see. As I typed, the characters wove into being. About halfway, I began to get an idea of what was going on. Near the end, I was weirded out with myself.

Personally I didn't like it. I had no clue what I had written. I didn't know what to do with it. It was missing something and I couldn't think what. I had a crazy notion to send it out like that, but I didn't. I put it away.


Later that fall, my brother took a course on philosophy. He had no clue what he was looking at. When I tried to help, my head spun. I'm not into philosophy, but as I looked over the philosophy books, I realized, hey, I can use this bull crap for something, but I don't know what.

Several more months went by, and my friend Scarlett R. Algee told me about a magazine that wanted weird. I thought of Beautiful Dream, which at the time had a different title. I pulled it out of storage and stared at it. Suddenly, I knew what the philosophy was for, and what Beautiful Dream was missing.

I smashed them together and bam, I had one funky story. Two weeks after Beautiful Dream was finished and nicely edited, HellBound-books snatched it up. Indeed, this funky story I hated really turned out to be a beautiful dream.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews