The Bizarre True Stories of the Little Man

"The Little Man" was based on two bizarre stories that took place in the same room of my grandma's house and later was my dad's house.

When my parents were newlyweds, still in college, and my mom was pregnant with me, she and my dad had to live with my grandparents for a little while. They were designated to the smallest bedroom in the house.

My mom had nightmares that I'd be born as a walking, talking little man in a black suit, about two feet high.

Of course, that never happened and I was a normal squishy baby.

Fast forward a few decades, and the house belongs to my dad now. My youngest sister was now in that same middle room.

She woke up in the middle of the night, feeling like something was there. She glanced at her shoulder and a little man in a black suit was perched by her face and looking at her. In a fit of panic, she seized him and threw him across the room.

She tried to go back to sleep, but then sat up, freaking that he was angry and would bite her feet. She started tearing her room apart as she looked for him. She almost went so far as to wake up my brother and tell him that there was a little man in the room.

Just as she was about to wake him up, she came to her senses, decided she was hallucinating, and went back to sleep.

And so, from that fiasco, I wrote "The Little Man," and that story is now dedicated to her. She finds it funny now, but both of us are mystified about my mom dreaming of him all those years ago. And in the same room, no less.

What was more was that I was the only one who knew of both stories, so there was no "My sister heard it from my mom and then dreamed of it."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews