The Inspiration Behind "Devil's Hour"

Publishing announcement!

The Wicked Library has finally released my story "Devil's Hour." Come listen to it here!

The story behind this is a simple one. A few years ago, I was watching a documentary on feral children. Most of the parents had turned their kids feral. I wondered, "What if the parents could train their child to be like a guard dog?" Of course, who in their right mind would go to such a house? A thief, of course.


(This isn't the house, but it's close)

One summer, when I was getting ready for girl's camp, we had to drop our stuff off at one of the camp director's houses. The place was enormous! She wasn't a nut, but I did base her house off of the mansion.


As for the basement, it's based off a place I stayed in when I was house-sitting with a friend. The place was creepy.

Getting lost in the house was based off of a nightmare I had when I was a little girl.

So this story was years in the making.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews