Ah Valentine's Day...No cheesecake and no Uncas either

Cheesecake!

What a lovely thing to celebrate on Valentine's Day!

I've been wanting to try Japanese Cheesecake. I got me a very good recipe, at least I think I did. I bought the right sized spring form pan. I got all the ingredients and set them out on the counter, but then I got into the nitty gritty of the recipe.

Apparently, my eggs were supposed to be a certain weight in grams. Eeeeeehhhh?

Everything was measured in grams, and weight conversion to cups and tablespoons and ounces were like 500 grams equals 2.64759837r736t49ojf83 cups.

The oven was supposed to be in Celsius degrees, not Fahrenheit. 100 degrees Celsius was 212 degrees Fahrenheit. How am I supposed to make my oven, which only hops around in fives, become 212?!

Also, I'm over 7000 feet above sea level. People in the comment section of this video were asking about that, but the guy wouldn't answer. So I guess I was supposed to move down to the Valley, buy me a Celsius oven, a food weigher thing, and then commence weighing everything exactly.

The baking was ridiculous. I had to keep opening the oven and changing the temperatures.

And when it was done...


And it tasted like...


It wasn't cooked at all. So I upped the temperature to a respectable 350 degrees F (shiver in horror cheesecake makers) and left it in there for thirty minutes.

All I could think was, "I don't care what you look like, just cook!"

And it did. It was no longer cheesecake but everybody ate it off.

It all added up to no cheesecake and no Uncas.

I am NOT going to try that stupid recipe again. Eggs have to be 5. U&*YTGIYT%^&Hguwdwe82 grams indeed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews