One Fundamental for Selling Books

Here is one fundamental tip for selling books: Know Your Audience.

I wasn't selling anything until I sat down and thought really hard about my audience. Knowing your audience means knowing WHO they are.

After three days of serious thinking, I realized who my audience was, and after that, I made more sales in a month than I have in two years struggling on Twitter, Facebook, and all the social platforms.

Drawing your audience to you doesn't mean you follow back every single person on Twitter or Instagram or anywhere else who follows you. It means sharing only content that is relevant to your book. Follow trains and link-to-your-book trains in the writing community won't do anything for you. It might get you one sale after you plug your book 30 something times. It'll definitely get already annoyed, annoying people annoyed with you. Then you'll get little rats tagging you in derogatory posts that you're advertising your own books and that it's a bad thing.

I had to realize my audience was not on Twitter or Instagram. I knew where they hung out and it was nowhere that the professionals say people go. My audience was different from other audiences.

So think hard about your audience. Think of where they hang out. Once you have that, go there. It isn't always online.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews