Brain Shocks!

A few years ago, my dad got his legs amputated because there was a disease in his legs. There was a vein that turned red and that was where the disease was. He said the doctors couldn't see it because when he went to get tested, his legs kept twitching. Hence, he lost his legs.

I was so stressed out at the time that I got some white hairs out of it. I also developed a mortal fear for my legs and feet. I got OCD about checking my feet and looking for red veins that I swear I got a complex. I don't even have diabetes. I stubbed my toe and all I could think about was MRSA.

And then, I began to notice that I was twitching. I'd been twitching for years. I'd be laying down and my legs would twitch. Oh crap! It runs in the family! Panic City, here I come!

The other day, my sister walks in like a little sunbeam and says, "Did you know the brain will periodically send a shock through your body to make sure it's still alive? When you twitch in response to the shock, it means you're alive."

What???

Out of all my years of schooling, you would think some teacher would have had the compassion to tell me that.

So, if you were wondering about the twitches, there you go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews