Childhood Witchcraft

I literally lived on the wrong side of the tracks in the Mexican barrio. The school was filled with Mexican children, a handful of white kids, and one me.

There was a girl in my second grade class who was kind of like the ring leader. She must have flunked several grades, because she already had to wear a bra. The rest of us seven-year-old moppets just thought she was cool.

One day, she said to a small group of us, IN THE CLASSROOM, that she could make us so heavy we couldn't move. I said she was a liar. She said she could do it. She said her older sister did it to her all the time. So she turned to me and said, "Do you want to try it, Julia?"

"No! I have to walk home after school."

"I'll take the sand out of your bones so you can walk."

"No! You're not doing that to me!"

For me, it wasn't a question of whether it was real or not. I took it in stride, even though I had called her a liar. It was probably a doubt of her abilities.

Since I wouldn't do it, the girl went around the circle of victims and all of them said no. Finally the white girl said she would do it. I still remember her name. She said we were all silly and it was harmless. The girl with the boobs had the white girl lay flat on the floor and then directed the rest of us morons to kneel around her in a circle. All we needed were some black cloaks and burning crosses.

Where was the teacher? I don't know. Rethinking her life in the teacher's lounge?

The boob girl started running her fingers down the white girl's arms and legs, saying she was opening her up. Then she pretended to put sand into the wounds. Then she closed up the wounds.

"Now try to get up," she said.

And you know, the white girl couldn't do it. She struggled and struggled. She lifted her leg about an inch before falling back down. To make sure she wasn't lying, we tickled her. She just laid there and screamed. Well, now we knew boob girl had put the whammy on her.

You know me, smart girl, was thinking while I was kneeling in the ritual circle, "See? You're dumb."

The boob girl said, "You see, it's real." She then reversed her movements and took the sand out of the white girl, who sat up and said it was real. She said it was the weirdest thing she'd ever experienced. I often wonder about that girl. Is she still alive? She was always volunteering for whacked situations.

Now that we had all seen it happen, boob girl asked again if we would like to try. Heck no!

Stupid kids all over the school were attempting this, but they just didn't have the right witch blood like boob girl did, and they certainly didn't have a circle of morons kneeling around another moron.

While this was going on, the kids were into Bloody Mary. They said you had to call the creature's real name in order for it to appear. After what boob girl did, it was probably true. They all knew the name. I guess boob girl looked into her coven book for it.

The school was crawling with great big bullies, and some short evil ones. This particular one surrounded me and a bunch of other innocents with her fifteen cronies and marched us into the bathroom.

Back before the elementary schools started tearing off their bathroom doors and brightening up the bathrooms, my elementary school bathroom looked like the one out of the video game "Nun Massacre." It had high ceilings, brown walls, gross tile, and stainless steel slabs for mirrors, which were bolted into the cement wall above the yellowish sinks. There was a single yellow light coming from the ceiling. The ceiling itself was covered in paper wads.

The monster girl left about six of her cronies outside the door to hold it closed. The rest came into the bathroom with us. They lined us up in front of the mirror and made us all turn our backs to them. I was about to cry, but I couldn't leave. I was surrounded by devils in girl clothing.

The monster girl started chanting for Bloody Mary. At the last moment, she screamed its name and shut off the lights. All the cronies started screaming. Not me. I didn't even turn around. I made a b-line for the door. The other innocents ran for the door, too. They were closer to the door than I was, so they got there faster.

They tried to push it open, but the cronies on the other side held it shut. Finally I got there. My adrenalin rush was going. I started pushing open the door. The monster girl grabbed me and dragged me back, but I was in terror. I threw that girl into the trashcan, shoved the door open by myself, and we all escaped.

Monster girl shouted for her cronies to catch us, but they'd all fallen on the ground in a dog pile. I didn't stop running until I was safe back on the playground. After that, I kept a sharp eye out for that monster girl lest she sneak up on me again. I stayed close to the teachers and didn't go anywhere by myself. What were kidnappers compared to the devils of the abyss?

Other schools cut off their doors because of fighting, bullies, and people getting beaten up. Our doors were torn off because of witchcraft.

Don't forget to grab your copy of Monsters and Demons: Nri Kryne!

Click on the link: https://www.amazon.com/Nri-Kryne-Monsters-Demons-Book-ebook/dp/B08GZR31B9


Meet Vijeren, a typical 12-year-old boy...with fangs! And did I mention he lives in the shadow of a powerful demon? When a frightening fire burns down his home, Vijeren is free!

But now he's on the run in a world of blood-suckers and brain-eaters. And hot on his heels is the demon who craves his soul. If Vijeren can't find a way to defeat the demon, the monster will melt the flesh from his bones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews