Stress Reliever

I once went to a basketball game between elementary schools. It was an away game. Being on the reservation, basketball is HUGE. It doesn't matter the age group. We drove about an hour or so to the rival school's gym. It was a very small gym with only standing space on the sidelines, but the court was the proper size. It was PACKED with rabid basketball fans.

I maneuvered my way to the stage and climbed up on it with all the kids to watch the game. They had the right idea, sitting on the stage. The game was nearing the end. My school was one point behind. In the last minute, they made a basket. Fifty seconds left and the other team made a basket.

If you don't know, every basket equals two points. So the score was neck and neck. Thirty seconds left and my school made another basket. The other school made a basket. Ten seconds left.

The crowd was already shrieking. The walls were rumbling. The floor was about to come loose. The windows were rattling. I think my heart rate was 3,000. I was about to faint. Five seconds and my school made a basket. Two seconds and the other school just threw the ball across the court. The ball hit the rim and bounced off. My school won.

I'd never had so much anxiety in my life. I wanted to throw up. My legs were jelly. It was the most amazing basketball game I'd ever seen and it was played by nine-year-olds. NBA eat your heart out.

These elections started doing this to me and probably to you. So, this calmed me down. I love watching this series. Come on over and watch an episode. It's very short.

How to make custard pudding the Victorian Way

Comments

  1. That IS a good stress reliever. Now I want some fancy, old-fashioned custard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, that was an excellent description of the basketball game and your young self's physical reactions. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews