A poem of madness, written soon after book 1 erased

Back when I first got published with the Wicked Library, which was....2015? I was writing Nri Kryne under a wholly different title. I only had one back up. I made a copy of it in July and edited all the way to around September without making a single copy.

After I announced my book was almost done in my interview for The Wicked Library, I opened the file one morning about a week later and an error code showed up.

THIS FILE IS CORRUPTED.

No! No-no-no-no! I ran to another computer to see if mine was just screwing up, but it didn't open the file either. I was like, the library! I gotta go to the library! If the file opens, I'll copy and paste the contents into a new file and ten years of work won't go down the drain.

Wouldn't you know it, the library was closed for the weekend because of a holiday. It wouldn't open until Tuesday. This was Friday.

I couldn't write, I was going through writing withdrawal, I couldn't think, and I started shaking. I started writing gibberish in a notebook.

I began to think I would need to re-write the book. I started trying to mentally prepare for it. By the time Tuesday came around, I was in fear, but also half hoping it really had been erased.

I sound bizarre even to myself.

I ran to the library like a mad woman and the same error showed up.

Something like relief and a sense of freedom came over me. I went home, opened a new file, and re-wrote the book in a few weeks. It wasn't the same and it wasn't as long. When the book erased, every problem I'd been having with it vanished. Only what worked remained in my head.

It ended up being a good thing. Now I have three extra back-ups, a new book, and the nut poem I wrote while going through my insanity. Here it is.

Anyone can be sexy

Why can't a woman like me?

Even though my chest is flat

And my butt has gotten fat

I can be sexy now

Anyone can be sexy

I kind of look like a ball

Even though I am a freak

And I've eaten all the meat

I can be sexy now

Anyone can be sexy

I really burp up a storm

Even though I fart a lot

And spend hours on the pot

I can be sexy now

Anyone can be sexy

Why can't a looney like me?

Even though my breath is stink

And I've beaten up my shrink

I can be sexy now

Anyone can be sexy

Why can't a stinkoid like me?

Even though I haven't bathed

In a week or two or shaved

I can be sexy now

I don't know why nobody wanted this poem. Heh-heh...

Now the video by Nightmare Tales:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB7-vBy5oPw

Comments

  1. Your poem made me giggle. Sometimes I burp and fart a lot, too.:-) Pretty cool how you were forced to rewrite your book but that it turned out even better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews