Plotting, editing, cutting, and brainstorming

I said I found out the main character was wrong. He was wrong in lots of ways. Over the weekend, I finally figured it out. The character himself wasn't working because he isn't ready to appear.

He's supposed to be the father of the main character in book 3, but the way I made him didn't work. I had another character in my back pocket that I'd made up several years ago in high school. So I said, "My dude, where are you?" He showed up and stepped into the spot.

Immediately, he popped from the page and could stand shoulder to shoulder with the other characters. He was much like one of the new characters you're going to see in 'Renzhies.' The guy showed up, overpowered one of the characters, stole his woman, and then he pilfered his part.

This new character also has a different background, so book 4 is gone...all gone...except for the storyline to the five characters that I'd had to cut. Their storyline has developed like crazy! This is going to be fun. I'm just going to write their story next.

They're Syladins. If you don't know what a Syladin is, you better read 'Nri Kryne.' And after that, read 'Renzhies' when it jumps out into the world next year.

Through all this, I am going into book 3 and adding the details to it. I've already started and it's looking fantastic. The villain's reasoning is more concrete. At the time I wrote him, I just had a vague idea, but it felt right in my stomach, so I just kept going.

Now for the next video. This one is done by Thriller Teller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_leWxY_H71I

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

Me and My Dogs

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader