The main character is wrong. What?!

So... bull crap went down.

I was typing away, having a grand time. I was secure in my knowledge of the villain and the hero. And then I reached the turning point when everything explodes.

Bam! I slammed flat into a wall and couldn't make anything work. Why? Why? I turned off the computer and spent the next fifteen hours struggling with what was wrong.

And then it came to me. "You got the wrong main character! There are characters who have unresolved issues. Resolve their issues. It isn't time for this character's issues yet. You've been building the issues for these two characters since book one. Now resolve them."

I also realized I didn't want to write a book without the original squad in it. It just doesn't work for me. The series is about them. What in the world was I thinking?

So here I am.

Hopefully, I will get it done before "Renzhies" comes home from the editor.

Now for the next video, this one is done by David Romero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv4uiR3Aew8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews