Me, Covid-19, and Halloween

I saw a post about dealing with COVID-19 and the holidays.

Personally, I'm totally excited.

The last time I went trick-or-treating, (I was taking my younger siblings--I was getting candy, too. Shoot, why not?) I got charged by an evil dog. Some wretches never tied up their dogs. I ran into people who'd been chased down the road. On the reservation, everybody has a dog, and not everyone ties them up. Actually, nobody ties them up.

One year, I saw some people walk into a yard and the dog barked and growled at their heels all the way to the door. It then followed the group all the way to the gate. There were kids under eight in that group.

Trick-or-Treating is life and death sometimes, and it's not always in the candy.

This year, we have decided to do a little family party involving only the members we're quarantined with. Some people out in the world are isolated, but I have a big family and we ended up being quarantined in the same tiny house. Here, there's not enough isolation. At least we didn't end up like the Donner party, you know?

We're gonna dress up, maybe have a cook out, light the giant candelabra my sister owns, play "Horrified," which is a monster board game, and watch The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, and buy Halloween candy like there will be trick-or-treaters, and keep it all for ourselves. We might even run up into the mountains in our costumes and prance around like freaks under the aspens and at the edge of cliffs.



Comments

  1. We don't expect trick-or-treators, either. But yeah, we got plenty of candy "just in case.":-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews