Was it legit, or was it a sex trafficker?

So last Thursday, I got a message from a dating site saying I had a private message. If you read that post, you know I had shut down all my accounts due to one million year old men trying to rob my cradle.

I had lots of accounts, so I missed one. When I got the message, I was like, huh? Then I remembered this site had given me a free account because they felt sorry for this here sap.

Because of this, I could actually read the guy's message and answer back. So, I have been really tired lately and not thinking straight. I attribute this to my answering him back. On top of it all, the guy was actually around my age.

I said hello.

The conversation stretched from Thursday to Sunday, but I only sent one message a day since we were in different time zones. In real time, we had only spoken for about a minute.

In that minute, he became extremely aggressive to the point where I felt marked to be his wife, or whatever it was he had in store for me.

He spoke of being outside the US, but would return in two weeks to come visit me. He never mentioned quarantining himself, and he's also in a country where the virus is not only really, really bad, but where other horrible diseases lurk.

I told him no.

I looked up the country and found they also have level 1, 2, and 3 danger zones for civil unrest. The website said if you're thinking of going there today, RETHINK YOUR TRAVEL PLANS. IT'S NOT OUR FAULT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO YOU.

His reasons for looking for a wife sounded more like a business proposition. He needed a wife so he could keep his daughter in the states when he finally brought her. His background was so good it was too good. The situation with his daughter was utterly perfect. The mother wanted nothing to do with her. 

From there, he spoke of taking me to his country where hopefully I would love it so much I would "never want to go back to the states."

Why go through all the trouble of bringing his kid here when he plans to go back to his country permanently?

Terror hit me in the pit of my stomach.

So Sunday night, I closed that account down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I left Twitter. Now I'm free!

One Star Reviews Usually Reflect The Reader

Working with KDP vs Author Central on salvaging reviews